Student News and Announcements
If your product didn't meet the standard ( read carefully):
You should all be well on the way to completing your project.
Your Product is due on January 8th so:
ClassPager.com allows you to sign-up to receive texts from me regarding Senior Project, but I will never see your cell number, and you will not see mine.
My intention is to text important updates and reminders.
If you'd like to sign up please text
@mrquindaz to (206) 866-6284
You can always opt out at a later date.
Here is the schedule.
Use CTRL+F to find your name.
If your name is not there, e-mail me
If your name is there twice, e-mail me
Please fill out the Technology Needs for Senior Project Oral Presentation Form
Useful Information About Oral Presentations:
If you don't see your name, contact me at email@example.com
We are coming down to the wire as your Research Paper Final Copy with hard copy of sources
is due Tuesday 4/12 (Students with an A day research paper class) or 4/13 (Students with a B day research paper class, or those without a research paper class)
(Always ask your English Research Paper Teacher if you have questions, or e-mail me if you don’t have a research paper class)
1. Use the "Yes Test" to make sure you have completed the paper correctly. (See below, and also in the Research Paper Final Copy with hard copy of sources)
2. Page Numbers/Cover Pages-
Senior Research Paper
21 September 2007
An argument for
Allowing iPods in the classroom
3. (Group 2) Yes, you must get your English Research Paper Teacher the hard copies of your sources. Yes, they should be highlighted.
3a. (Group 2A) Yes, you must get me the hard copies of your sources. Yes, they should be highlighted.
4. Please follow the Senior Project Research Paper Turnitin Student Directions 2012 There is even a video
5. Your paper must be a Google doc NOT an MS Word document uploaded to Google docs (but not converted). If you have a question what I mean, please write, or better yet, watch the How to upload to Google Docs video. (please observe the proper naming convention "Your Name Senior Project Research Paper"
6. If I don't have your Interview Evaluation Form, you can't pass the yes test- please get it to me.
RESEARCH PAPER YES TEST
In order for your paper to be evaluated, it must contain the following basic components. A "No" on ANY single item will result in the paper being returned to the writer so that the omission or error can be corrected. Evaluation will stop until the "No" error is corrected.
_____ _____ Paper is typed in TNR font size 12 with
_____ _____ Title on first page is correctly formatted.
_____ _____ Pages are numbered properly.
_____ _____ Works Cited page is present.
_____ _____ Works Cited page is correctly formatted.
_____ _____ No general encyclopedias are cited or listed.
_____ _____ Internet websites are credible and where possible are .gov,
_____ _____ Minimum of five sources listed on Works Cited page and
are cited in paper.
_____ _____ Interview is included as a primary source and is quoted in
_____ _____ Minimum of two quotations cited in paper.
_____ _____ Thesis statement is in bold type.
_____ _____ Thesis statement is an argument/states a position/analyzes an
issue or idea
_____ _____ Paper is written in the third person. (No I, we, us, you, your, yours)
_____ _____ Paper contains no contractions.
_____ _____ Citations properly formatted.
_____ _____ Paper is a minimum of 1500-2000 words.
_____ _____ Hard copies of citation sources are provided.
_____ _____ Submitted to turnitin.com